Dermaplanning is a facial treatment procedure aimed at cleansing the surface layers of the skin from dead particles, as well as removing unwanted cannon cover. This type of exposure refers to the mechanical type and allows you to quickly eliminate bumps and minor skin defects.
Dermaplaning was originally intended for deep mechanical cleaning of dead skin cells. This effect leads to rejuvenation, largely due to the fact that cosmetics are better and more actively absorbed into the integumentum. But the second goal of this effect is the elimination of unwanted hair. If the idea of shaving your face seems wild, think for a moment that right now on your skin there is a layer of dead cells and a subtle, but very real peach “fluff”. It is these cells and this “fluff” that provoke the emergence of problems that are familiar to each of us. Oily skin, clogging of pores, rashes – all these troubles can be eliminated by a cosmetologist using the dermoplaning procedure, which is so reminiscent of face shaving.
During dermaplanning, a qualified esthetician scrapes the dead skin layer and hairline from the patient’s face using a surgical scalpel. It sounds scary, but in reality, being in the hands of a good specialist, you do not risk getting any injuries. On the contrary, you can get smooth skin, like a baby’s skin, devoid of imperfections, on which makeup fits perfectly.
However, not a single cosmetic procedure can be called a panacea for all problems, and dermoplaning is no exception. Therefore, before signing up for a session in the beauty salon, we recommend that you study all the advantages and disadvantages of this innovative ground-breaking new procedure.
Benefits of Dermaplaning:
Reasons to consider dermaplaning include; traces of rashes, an abundance of fluffy hair, dryness and roughness of the skin or clogged pores. The procedure helps to solve these problems, as well as:
• makes the skin smoother;
• makes makeup (in particular – sculptural) more even and natural
•improves complexion, gives it radiance;
•reduces the number of rashes in the future (with a regular visit to the beautician);
• reduces the production of sebum
Often, the procedure is performed before more invasive cosmetic interventions such as lifts, deep peels. In fact it can actually increase their effectiveness if you choose to have these in the future. Dermaplanning itself does not cause any pain nor does not require rehabilitation – right after the session, the patient can go home.
Disadvantages of Dermaplaning:
- One cannot undergo dermaplaning if the skin has open inflammation, acne, numerous relief lesions.
- Is it possible to carry out the procedure yourself? On many websites and magazines, it is stated dermaplaning can be carried out by anyone using a simplified tool. But this is really not recommended! Long-lasting damage to the skin can be caused so it is strongly advised that only a professional beauty therapist or cosmetic surgery clinic should carry out this procedure.
- How to care for your skin after the procedure? After dermoplaning, there is no need for special care. Using readily available good quality cleansers is more than sufficient and they will act more efficiently due to deeper penetration into the skin). The only recommendation is not to apply makeup immediately after the session. Of course, we understand the desire to enjoy an impeccably smooth and radiant face, skillfully sculpted by a corrector, concealer and highlighter, but it is better to postpone this pleasure for several hours, and better still, until the day after. Let the skin “breathe” and you’ll benefit from an even greater improvement in both colour and tone.
We offer Dermaplaning facial treatment at our beauty salon in Walthamstow, London.